Summer's IT Item


At the beginning of every season I try to take note of what i'm seeing a lot of to determine what seems to be the "must have" or "it" item of the season. From what I see this summer seems to be all about shorts! Shorts of all colors, materials and patterns, they are everywhere right now! I've never been a shorts lover, I think they are tricky to find the perfect pair, but this summer I'm determined! The best part about shorts being all the rage this season is there are SO many options available. With all these options I think we can all surely find a pair or two.

Clockwise from left Denimology, Ksubi, Citizens of Humanity, Denimology, Gap and center, Christopher Kane via the Outnet
Denim is my all time favorite. I tend dress on the casual side and find I'm most comfortable and confident in a good pair of jeans so naturally I am drawn to denim shorts. I think you can dress them up with fun wedges or keep it casual with a strappy sandal for day time.
Clockwise from left Grasie Mercedes, Diane Von Furstenburg, Stockholm Street Style, Thakoon, TopShop and center, Mango
The feminine details in the shorts above remind me a lot of MK. I can totally see her in the those lace shorts or soft billowy mint striped shorts. The best part about the details in the shorts above is you can throw on a basic tee and ballet flats and still look polished and put together. Or pair these with heels and a dressier shirt for a night out with the girls! I'm thinking those gold ones may have the perfect amount of feminine for me.
Clockwise from left unknown, Markus Lupfer, Ted Baker, See Jane, Sheridan French and center, Zara
I really like the versatility in these shorts. I think they can transform from classic with a simple top to girly with a flirty blouse and even be casual thrown over a swim suit in the summer with a basic tee. I'm loving the silk material in a lot of the drawstring shorts I am seeing today. And I am totally ordering those splatter paint shorts immediately. How cute are they!?
Clockwise from top left Vince, Rebecca Taylor, Classy Girls Wear Pearls, J. Crew, Acne and Lucky Magazine
Solid shorts can seen boring at first but paired with the right accessories they can be really fun and easy to wear. The neon chinos above would be perfect for a beach getaway and the pleated red shorts would look great with a silky white blouse tucked in with an interesting belt and heels. And I'm still loving the look of leather shorts, I passed some up a few months ago at Zara and i'm thinking that may have been a mistake.

What kind of shorts are you wearing this summer? I'd love to hear.
- Heath

Top Image via Sartorialist 

0 comments:

Post a Comment