the French Five | Victoria McGinley

Today we're sharing the French Five Fall selections from Victoria of Victoria McGinley Blog.  She's the brains behind this successful site design and consulting business and a super talented chef.  Glance quickly through her recipes you'll see what I mean.

A few thoughts from Victoria on her picks... 



No1 - Neutral colored sweater - There's nothing better than a beautiful sweater in the fall. When temperatures are still mild, you can wear it on its own; when they plunge, layer it with a wool coat. A sweater would always be in my 5, because in autumn I like to wear them around the house casually as much as I wear them out! A camel colored one is perfect, because it looks equally as pulled together with jeans as it does with a pencil skirt.

No2 - Sézane clutch - I can't say enough about this (French!) company. I've followed and admired them for years, and have bought several bags -- all of them still favorites. My most recent purchase? I had to have this beautifully simple black clutch. I love the mix of suede and black, and the size (and functionality -- the interior has a zip pocket and two additional pockets!) and shape make it the perfect clutch for any occasion. Consider me obsessed! (Note from Heath - Victoria officially has me obsessed with this brand too, I'm dying for a pair of their booties!) 

No3 - Boots - With some gift certificates and store credits, I recently invested in a pair of Stuart Weitzman 5050 boots, and I can't think of a better item to put on a French Five list. These boots are classic -- and for a reason. Flattering on everyone, they're both a little sexy while still looking chic and ladylike. I also love that you can wear them over leggings (you know, autumn's pajamas) and still be dressed up!

No4 - Sweater coat - This year I've been so into loose, draped sweater-type coats. I love their casual elegance and how they pair well both with casual outfits or more sophisticated ones. Buy one in a neutral color and it'll probably go with virtually everything in your wardrobe. I snatched up this one from Free People in the camel color, and I've also got my eye on this one from Banana Republic.
No5 - Moto inspired black pants - I recently bought a pair of these pants and have been loving how versatile they are. They look great with a basic pair of flats and a simple tee, or I can easily dress them up with heels and boots and a dressy blouse. I love the little "moto" inspired stitching across the knees, and the back pockets have a subtle leather detail too!


Thanks again Victoria for sharing with us today.  I'm loving camel for the fall this year so those sweaters are really calling my name.  And if you haven't already stopped by her blog, do it now you, won't be disappointed.  She's one of my favorites!  I promise you'll want to be friends with Victoria after following her site. :)

- Heath

0 comments:

Post a Comment