Spring Must Haves


A neutral sandal or wedge is my number one spring must have. They make your legs look so long and can be worn with everything in your closet. Jack Rogers were my staple for a while but lately i've been wearing these and something similar to these more.


There's something great about throwing on a dress and not having to think about anything else. I love having easy dresses on hand to wear around town on the weekends. It's the perfect wearable outfit that can be transitioned from day to night and changed drastically by a simple change in accessory. I tend to gravitate towards solids but maybe this year i'll add a stripe or print to my repertoire.



A white shirt and jeans is my go to outfit year round but I really think there's nothing better than throwing on an easy white t-shirt or button down in the spring. The color keeps the look clean and simple but still seems light and airy enough for warmer weather. I've been wearing this Everlane tee a lot lately and I'm still on the lookout for the perfect white button up. Let me know if you have a favorite.


By now I'm sure you know I have a serious love for denim. I wear all types of denim year round (I see no reason for denim to be seasonal) but the spring is the perfect weather for a bright color, pattern or crisp white jeans. The heat in the south makes it tricky to wear jeans in the summer so I get a lot of wear out these white cropped jeans this time of year. And I've had my eye on these lately too.


Some people put away their scarves when the weather starts to warm up but don't! It's the perfect time of year to ditch your sweater or coat and layer on a scarf. I may be partial to this look because its another one of my favorites. But I think scarves add color and pattern to outfits in a way that jewelry and shoes and just cant. I think you can never have too many scarves, they are one of the only things in my closer I genuinely wear year round.

I've been getting my closet ready for spring lately, hoping the weather will catch on soon. In doing so I started thinking of my spring must haves. I think each person's will be slightly different but for the most part everyone should and probably does own some variation of these items for spring.

- Heath

Image 1 via Cupcakes and Cashmere and Hot Beauty Health; Image 2 via Gal Meets Glam and The Sartorialist; Image 3 via Sheridan French, Classiq and South Molton Style; Image 4 via 9 to 5 Chic and Elle Bow Room; Image 5 via My Daily, Belighter and Week Fifty Two

2 comments:

  1. Heath - I loved this post! I need you to sort through my closet and tell me how to dress like you!

    I am loving these popover shirts from Ann Mashburn - I have it in a gingham, but I bet the white is fabulous: http://www.annmashburn.com/shop/shirts/popover-shirt-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meredith - I'd love to sort through your closet with you anytime! And that Ann Mashburn shirt is totally on my list now. - Heath

    ReplyDelete