Fall Lipstick & Nail Polish Picks

Heath and I asked my good friend (and legit make up artist) Carrie LaMarca to clue us in on the hot colors for fall this year.  Carrie seriously always has the best picks and tips!

With these suggestions, I've decided to make a little mini-resolution to pick up a fresh new lip and nail color every fall and spring.  This may seem pretty minor, but I'm not a make up or product junkie and I rarely switch up my routine.  Since I'm a little over a week from having a baby, I'm not exactly feeling like my best self right now.  I'm hoping that a fresh color for the new season will help me stay at least a little trendy and prevent me from turning into a frumpy mom so soon!

Fall Lipstick Selections:
Poppy Red - for a fresh take on red, try Revlon Matte Lipstick "Really Red"
 
It looks like a Matte finish is really in this year.  Carrie points out that if you have any of these shades in a glossy finish, instead of buying new just dust translucent powder over the top of your lips for a matte finish.  This will also help with the lipstick's staying power!
 
Hot Nail Colors for Fall:
Emerald Green - try Butter London's British Racing Green (love this name!)
 
For me personally, I love lipstick and usually stick to reds in the fall and winter months but I think I'm going to switch it up and try a pretty burgundy.  I'm less trendy with my nails, and typically tend to stick to a neutral, but I'm loving the Emerald Green for a pedicure.  What about you guys?  What are you liking for fall?
 
P.S.  Check out Carrie's impressive portfolio here.  As always Carrie, THANK YOU for helping us try to be hip and beautiful! :)
 
~Mary Keller
 
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. For some reason, I've never ventured into lipstick land. Me thinks it may be time to buy a ticket though (perhaps I could trade it for my aforementioned Piggly Wiggly t-shirt :). I'm going to try the poppy red and a navy manicure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda, I think you're totally mature enough for lipstick now! and I can see you looking gorgeous in poppy red & navy nails with your coloring!!
      ~MK

      Delete