Favorite Fall Dinners

Last spring, Heath and I came up with a list of all of our favorite warm weather meals.  I loved referring to these lists because I actually made of point of making my favorite dinners (I always forget what recipes JD and I really like!) and the list gave me ideas when I was in a dinner rut.  Now that things are finally starting to cool down, Heath and I have made a new list of our fall favorites, and a few new things we'd like to try.  What are your favorites that we should add to the line up?


 Dinner & Lunch Favorites:
Ina's Mexican Chicken Soup - this may be my all time favorite!  It's perfect for entertaining (especially served with jalapeno cornbread) and it's so yummy.  Heath's husband Andy is a little foodie and he requested this for his bday dinner.  That means it really is good.
Giada's hearty tomato soup with Rosemary with Classic Grilled Cheese - make a double or even triple batch of soup because you'll want leftovers.  Quick enough for a weeknight meal, and it's more substantial than most tomato soups because it has white beans and carrots.
Pasta and Provisions Seasonal Pumpkin Ravioli and Butternut Squash Ravioli - if you're in Charlotte, you have to pick up a bag of frozen ravioli to have on hand.  It's super cheap, and super delicious for a seasonal meal.
Ina's Roasted Butternut Squash Soup with Curry Condiments - I love this interesting soup with all of it's fun toppings (banana, coconut, scallions, cashews.)  Her Butternut and Apple soup looks delish too.
Gwyneth's White Bean Soup with Kale - this is on heavy weeknight rotation in our house.  Quick, delicious and healthy!
Giada's Rigatoni with Steak - this maybe JD's favorite.  It's a great way to stretch a steak, and is so perfect with red wine when it's chilly.

Sweet Treats and Drinks:
Smitten Kitchen's Apple Cider Doughnuts - I've never tried homemade doughnuts (they're a little intimidating!) but these sound so yummy for a fall weekend morning.
Apple Cider Caramel's - these may sound a little intimidating too, but I think they're easier than they look.  Smitten Kitchen's description of these delicious looking caramels is enough to have me sold.
Apple Rye Punch - Apple Cider is on the tippity top of my fall favorites, so an apple cider cocktail sounds pretty much perfect, especially one like this that doesn't sound too sweet.

Alright, what are we missing?  We'd seriously love to hear your go to fall favorites.  I'd love to add them to my own rotation. 
p.s. 11 ways to use canned pumpkin this fall if you're interested!
~Mary Keller


0 comments:

Post a Comment