Perfect This Recipe | Herb and Onion Stuffing


Bad news, Andy and I were both sick this weekend so our stuffing experiment was pretty sad. The good news is we did find a winner that we're excited to include in our Thanksgiving menu!

I'm going to be honest with you, we only made two of the five stuffings I discussed here. I knew I wouldn't have the energy to do them all so I picked the two that were most appealing to us. I thought I'd like the Whole Gain Stuffing with Apples, Sausage and Pecans best but I was very pleasantly surprised by the simple Herb and Onion Stuffing.

More thoughts on both...
Whole Grain - this stuffing was too sweet for us. The recipe calls for sweet Italian sausage but if you decide to make this one I would recommend a less sweet sausage. We also used a loaf of 8 grain bread from Nova's, a local bakery near us, which may have been sweeter than some whole grains but overall we just weren't impressed.
Classic Herb - this was the perfect stuffing for us. It was classic yet super flavorful! It used almost double the amount of herbs as the other recipe which we loved. It is truly a simple stuffing - bread, onions, celery, herbs, an egg and stock so if you like a more interesting stuffing you may want to add some nuts or other flavors here but Andy and I definitely agreed this will be included in our Thanksgiving day line up. We used Nova's brioche for this recipe.
Sorry I can't report back on the others. Let me know if you tried any of them, I'd love to hear your thoughts.
- Heath
The one photo I took of whole grain stuffing above. Note - stuffing doesn't make the pretitest subject for photos :(

0 comments:

Post a Comment