Artist Spotlight: Whaley Connell

 


You guys my grandmother came up with the best surprise gift for all of us this Christmas.  At the end of our Christmas celebration, after all of the gifts had been upwrapped, she pulled out 4 more tiny little Christmas baggies and handed them to each of us.  Inside each baggie was a number.  Next she asked us to head to my aunt's living room where we discovered these beautiful small paintings.  My cousin's wife, Whaley Connell, is an artist and my grandmother asked Whaley to paint a small piece for each of us.  My grandmother didn't want to decide who got which piece so she came up with the idea of making us essentially draw a number.  Heath's baggie randomly had number 1 so she picked first, my bag had number 2 so I picked second, and we went on down the line.  It was such a fun surprise, but I was SO impressed with these beautiful paintings. 

If anyone would like us to put you in touch with Whaley, please let us know!  I think these would make beautiful bridal or anniversary gifts of a bride's bouquet, and their little size is perfect.  I think Whaley's work is very reasonable and you can fit a small painting like this just about anywhere!  Leave us a comment if you'd like us to pass along her email address.

p.s.  Heath picked the one all by its self on the back row.  I picked the one second in from the right with the big orange (go vols!) flower up front!  It was a tough decision that we of course overanalyzed the rest of the afternoon. :)

~Mary Keller

3 comments:

  1. I would like her contact information! And I swear I was thinking of my bridal bouquet before I got to the second paragraph :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, I will send you an email! Perfect for a bridal bouquet. I want one too! :)
    ~Mary Keller

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi - I would also love Whaley's contact information. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete