Wrap Time


 
So I've been doing a pretty good job staying on top of things this season - cards are just about ordered, Virginia's Christmas jammies are here and I have all of my wrapping paper + ribbons that I'll need.  I have a round up of a few wrapping schemes that I thought I'd share.  I've taken note from Jordon on the way I like to wrap - I typically use really inexpensive wrap for most stuff and then combine it with a few pretty (more expensive pieces) for smaller gifts or gifts for adults.  In our house we're going with the top scheme, traditional reds and greens, but I'm also loving the second more earthy look. 

For inexpensive paper, I picked up a big bulk pack from Walmart, but Rite Aid, Walgreens, Michaels and Target also work.  I typically look for the simplest that they offer - solids, stripes and polka dots.  (Really cheap paper usually doesn't have the most beautiful patterns.)

For classic reds and greens, I love this beautiful paper from Caspari.  I don't need tons of wrap, but if I did, I'd pick up this classic boxwood, cheery red dot, and I'm in LOVE with this red zebra print.  I wish I could find it locally because I can't pay that plus shipping.  too much!  I grabbed a sheet of this nutcracker paper and paper chains wrap for a few special smaller gifts this year.  (Charlotte folks, they have these plus others at Paper Twist.)

For a more natural look, I'd get a huge roll of inexpensive kraft paper at Michaels, and then add in these beautiful options from Rifle Paper.  I'm loving the earthy colors and hand drawn look of these holiday greens, favorite things and holiday plaid wrap.

I've never paid much attention to ribbons and bows, but honestly I think the cheapest paper can look really good with big ribbons and bows.  I took another tip from Jordan and placed a big order at Paper Mart for lots of ribbons.  A 50 yard roll of double faced satin ribbon is a little over $5.00.  That's seriously insane!  I placed a big order for multiple sizes and colors of double faced satin, grosgrain and velvet and I think it will last me for years.  (When J.D. sees how much I ordered, it will have to last me for years! :)

~Mary Keller

Top image with presents | kraft paper wrap | Christmas tree

1 comments:

  1. Got my paper this weekend! Thanks for the inspiration. Now I just need you to teach me how to tie a pretty bow :)

    ReplyDelete