Turning Heads at the Derby


With the Kentucky Derby coming up this weekend I wanted to put together a head ware round up with the ladies above as my inspiration. Whether you choose to break tradition and wear a subtle fascinator or keep it classic with an elaborate wide rim hat there are so many fun options to choose from. I think the key to keeping it classic without looking costume-ish is wearing a simple dress or suit and keeping you hair relatively sleek and simple too. Let your head ware be the center of attention for the day.

If you take your time and look you can find options within every price range and if your budget allows for it there are some really talented milliners around to create some gorgeous custom hats as well. See some favorites I found below.
While I have no plans for the derby this year I may whip up a mint julep and pretend I'm part of all the action! Do you guys have any Derby plans?

- Heath

Top Images clockwise from the top center Socialite LifeVanity FairThe Vogue VibesKentucky Derby and People; Bottom fascinators both from New York Fascinators; nude, black and nude and blue via Hats in the Belfry; red via Village Hat Shop; pink and yellow Hats via e4Hats 

0 comments:

Post a Comment