A Blue and White Table



It's probably no surprise that I'm obsessed with all things blue and white.  My 30th birthday is coming up next month and I'm wishing J.D. would surprise me with one or two of these new Brushstroke Dinner Plates.  I absolutely do not need to get started on another china pattern, but I'm obsessed with these!  I think they work mixed with traditional china (think the classic Blue Canton pattern) but they also work well with more modern table settings.  This pattern looks good with funky linens and traditional white embroidered linens for something a little more formal.  I've always loved blue china paired with bright pink, yellow, and mint green, but I think I'm liking it paired with this pastel purple too.  To keep it from getting to feminine, I'd like to add something more earthy and masculine like this flatware.

~Mary Keller

Images:  1) Purple Tumbler via Anthropologie; 2) Brushstroke Dinner Plate by Oscar De La Renta; 3) Blue Hobnail Pitcher via Anthropologie; 4) Blue Canton china via Ebay; 5) Cocktail napkins via Furbish; 6) Flatware via Anthropologie

1 comments: