My Look, Her Look, Mom's Look


When I saw this dress at Anthropologie I knew I had to pick it for this month's My Look, Her Look, Mom's Look. The knit fabric and classic cut keep this dress from being too trendy while the black and white pattern keeps it current. I love the fun mix! The price point of this dress makes it even more appealing as well as the fact that I could throw on a conservative blazer or cardigan for work or add some fun accessories (below) for after work. 

Michael Kors watch, Louis et Cie via Nordstrom booties, Urban Outfitters scarf, Iosselliani necklace, Rachel Zoe bracelet and Clare Vivier clutch
For my look I really played up the unique pattern on this dress. I love this necklace so much i've added it to my wish list. I love long pedant necklaces and this one is unique and has a little color which I like too. As usual I threw in a scarf and watch because I never really leave home without those items.  I keep this camel foldover Clare Vivier clutch packed in a larger bag I carry everyday. It makes for easy transition from day to night. 

Maison Boinet belt, Gorjana necklace, Kate Spade bag, Coach shoes and Elizabeth Cole earrings
For MK's look I added a big pop of color in this Kate Spade handbag. The shoes may be a stretch right now since she's 7 months pregnant but the wedge helps ease the heigh of the heel and the bow on them is such a cute contrast with the pattern on the dress. The colors on these earrings are girly but the spikes make them a little edgier than typical MK. And of course, I think she may just need to own that little delicate "V" necklace to carry her little girl with her everyday! 

Gorjana necklace, Elliott Lucca bag, Topshop blazer, Enzo Angiolini shoes, and Bauble Bar earrings
This dress is definitely a little out of my mom's comfort zone but I think paired with a cute pair of red peep toe pumps and a white blazer she'd be surprised how pleased she was with the result. Throw in some thick gold hoops, a classic gold necklace and her go to crossover bag and she's all set. 

I thought this dress could be a little tricky to style in three completely different ways(especially for mom!) but it proved to be a pretty neutral canvas just waiting for accessories and color to spice it up even more. On Friday I mentioned the Nordstrom Anniversary sale, but you guys should really check it out. All the shoes above are on sale for great prices right now. 

How would you style this dress?

- Heath

2 comments:

  1. Love these posts!!! Heath, please do a whole post about watches sometime. :o) Your picks are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meredith - I will add that to my post list. I LOVE watches so I will gladly accept this request!
      - Heath

      Delete