Summer Steaks


On Friday Andy and I hosted one last summer Steak Club. When we set the date for this last weekend in August I knew I wanted to serve summer sides and keep everything bright and simple.


I set the table with a mix of fun glasses(a trick if you don't have enough of each type of glassware, like me!) and used wicker chargers to keep my china from looking too formal.


We served Moscow Mules as pre dinner cocktails and they were a big hit. Perfect refreshing cocktail to celebrate the end of summer.



We served olive tapenade, basil pesto and gorgonzola and artichoke dip with grilled crostinis as appetizers. We purchased all the dips from a local Italian market to keep minimize our prep work and everything was perfect. I highly recommend grilled bread with a simple dip as an easy and delicious appetizer.



For dinner we kept it super simple with a platter of fresh tomatoes sprinkled with a few herbs and corn on the cob, all from our local farmers market. I sadly didn't get a picture of my steak or any corn, but I'm sure you can picture how summery the plates looked!

 
And for dessert we surprised MK's birthday with her favorite coconut cupcakes from my favorite bakery in Charlotte.

It was such a fun night! All in all a super easy and summery meal, perfect for a late August evening with friends.

- Heath

0 comments:

Post a Comment