My Look, Her Look, Mom's Look

When I saw this skirt in the new J.Crew style guide something about it stuck with me. I just knew it could be so versatile. It's a little out of my comfort zone with the a-line fit but the fabric looks light enough to lay nicely and I love the subtle hint of black and white. It adds just enough interest to this skirt to keep it from being too little girly for me. 
Old Navy shirt, Forever 21 sunglasses, H&M scarf, Club Monaco clutchEddie Borgo earringsSole Society shoes
The casual concept behind this outfit was my first thought when I saw this skirt. I love love love the chambray shirt against the black and white lines. The lack of color in the skirt allows you to be more playful with color in your shoes too. I don't usually do lots of color in an outfit so I left the remaining accessories neutral but fun. 
Givenchy earrings, Soludos espadrilles, Forever 21 sunglasses, H&M sweater,
Clare Vivier bag
 If I'm being honest this may be a little out of MK's comfort zone but I think it would be such a cute casual option for her transitioning to spring. The flats are easy to wear and I kept the accessories minimal(because Virginia is in a grabbing earrings phase)with cute stud earring, big sunglasses and a giant bag to house anything and everything she needs to carry these days. 
TopShop blazer and top, Forever 21 sunglasses, Kate Spade earrings, and Club Monaco pumps
This outfit was my second thought, when I saw this skirt. Black and white is a classic combination so I thought it would be so pretty to play up the traditional lines and colors here. Paired with a classic nude/blush pump(to elongate your leg) and a fitted blazer this is a classic outfit without being boring at all. 

Like I mentioned here, I struggle with the concept of dressing for work and for the weekend so I loved that this skirt has the ability to be worn on the weekend with either of the top outfits above but could also be worn in a more corporate environment just like in mom's look. Bonus - if it's still chilly where you live I think the crisp white would look great against black tights right now. I also think this skirt would be so cute worn with a silk top for an evening out. You could keep it classic with black or add a color, mint or jewel tone would especially pretty. I think it's such a versatile piece! What do you think?

- Heath

0 comments:

Post a Comment