Kitchen Reveal

Remember way back (almost one and half years ago!!) when we were renovating our kitchen?!  We'll the kitchen is most definitely renovated, and it has been for some time, but I was waiting to photograph it until it was "finished."  And then I realized, I don't know when that will happen.  It's still missing art, lamps, accessories, etc., but the bones of it are renovated, and we decided it would be fun to share!

Our inspiration and before pictures are right here, and we shared lots of progress shots here.  Even though these after pics aren't perfect, they're much more impressive after seeing what we started with!  Truthfully, I didn't style these pictures at all - like I wanted to!  I asked J.D. to grab flowers from the grocery store so that I could try to spruce things up before taking these pictures, and he came home empty handed.  He said only neon flowers were available, and he decided to pass! 

Okay, picture overload below if you're interested....


We are loving the kitchen!  It's completely transformed the house, so much so that I think we'll stay here far longer than we originally planned.  It's changed the way we live in the house.  J.D. usually comes down here super early and works before Virginia gets up, and I spend lots of time in here cooking.  (We never hung out in here before.)  We eat breakfast together most mornings in the kitchen, and the little sitting area is a combo of Virginia's playroom/where J.D. enjoys a drink while I cook.  We added no square footage, but the house feels bigger, and the addition of the French doors have made us use the back yard so much more.

I'm still on the lookout for a piece of art to use above the loveseat, and a better lamp in that area.  If anyone has any questions, please let me know!  We have sources for everything written down, but it's been a little while so they aren't on the top of my head! :)

~Mary Keller

7 comments:

  1. I know you know it, but I can't help saying again that I LOVE everything about your kitchen!!! Everything. The black doors and window trim and the brass hardware make me swoon. Is the ginger gar something you purchased? xoxo-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love that kitchen! So crisp and clean! Classic in it's style, it's a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME! We went the chrome hardware route in our house (mainly because if Jonathan...), but I seriously love everything about your kitchen. Love brass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That light fixture is gorgeous. Where did you get it from? It looks so beautiful hanging above the bistro table. Anyway, posting your kitchen reveal is going to make a lot of bloggers, both jealous and inspired. Hahaha! Also, that white lounge sofa in the corner is a smooth addition. Thanks for sharing that! All the best to you! :)

    Arlene Keller @ Scott Sauer

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a lovely kitchen, Mary! I totally love everything about it, all from the lights up to the color combinations that you used. It seems like you will really enjoy cooking in this kind of kitchen. I hope you will be able to maintain its beauty. Cheers!


    Homer Collins @ Pinnacle Renovations

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see how your kitchen changed your home-living experience. It just looks really classy, what with the new lamps and candlelight; it’s as if the place was custom-built for dinners. It's a feast for the eyes, to say the least. You should be proud of what you've built here. Good day!

    Fred Richardson @ SGK Home Solutions

    ReplyDelete
  7. To say that I love how your kitchen looks would be a complete understatement. To me, it exudes an excellent mix of modern and classic aesthetics—from the wooden table to the stone countertops. And that faucet on your sink? That looks absolutely gorgeous. Hope you spend more meaningful moments in this space over time. Cheers!

    Arthur Bryant @ Contractor Express

    ReplyDelete